Polycom CX700 Desktop Phone
Polycom Communicator C100 Skype-Certified VoIP PC Speakerphone delivers remarkable audio quality that enables seamless voice and video communications, without compromise. Two high-quality microphones provide excellent range for group conversations with up to four participants. Polycom Communicator C100 with Polycom HD Voice technology enables high-fidelity, CD-quality sound, along with unparalleled echo cancellation, noise reduction and full duplex performance.
Polycom Communicator C100S gives you the ultimate hands-free Skype experience. It enables crystal-clear, natural conversations when using Skype. Enjoy the freedom of not wearing your headset for hands-free Skype calls, or plug into the built-in stereo headphone port for private conversations.The Polycom Communicator delivers high-fidelity wideband voice quality that sounds like you are in the same room with the people you're calling. Two high-quality microphones provide excellent range for group conversations with up to four participants. Polycom Acoustic Clarity Technology eliminates echoes and feedback, maximizing your Skype experience.Polycom Communicator connects and powers through an integrated USB cable for easy installation and use - no extra cables to carry or batteries to charge. Its small size and carrying case make it easy to take with you. Plus, the high-quality speaker doubles as a great portable solution for CD-quality music and presentation audio. Unrivaled ease of use and Skype integration allow you to launch the Skype application and pick up or hang up calls without using your mouse. Convenient buttons and indicators for volume control and mute are also built-in.
I often rely on Skype to make cheap calls, in fact I use Skype exclusively in my office Ė itís a tremendous money saver. But I absolutely hate the fact that when I am ready to make a call my headset seems to have walked away and hidden itself. Iíve also tried various Skype hand-sets but they all come with their own set of problems which I am not going to get into here.
So Polycom sends me their USB Communicator C100S speaker phone, but given my past not-so-great experiences with other Skype hardware, I fondled the Polycom C100S with a certain degree of skepticism. On one hand there is Polycom impeccable reputation for making terrific speaker phones. On the other hand there is the fact that Polycom C100S is just another Skype compatible USB device that promises the same technology used in Polycomís legendary line of triangular SoundStation conference phones; crystal-clear, natural conversations, freedom of not wearing a headset for hands-free Skype calls, high-fidelity wideband voice quality, excellent range for small group conversations, Polycom Acoustic Clarity Technology which eliminates echoes and feedback, etc. Simple reality is that I, or any other small business, donít care what technology is packed into the gadget as long as Skype conversations are uninterrupted by the party on the other end asking me to reaped what I said because I sound like Iím sitting inside an echo chamber.
After using the Polycom C100S for a few weeks there is not doubt in my mind that Polycom C100S is the best hands-free Skype device there is. The unit itself is about the size of a tradition Cracker Jack box, with volume and mute controls in the middle and fairly large speaker closer to the top. There is another set of speakers at the bottom for voice pickup. A foldout stand on the back of Polycom C100S places the unit in a 40 degree. Included software let me control volume and mute and, according to Polycom, is required to fully take advantage of full audio performance and Skype integration. However, plugging the unit in the USB port and using Skype interface to make the calls works just fine, which is how Iím am using it now. And if you really need privacy then S100S comes with a headphones jack.
Polycom C100S Speakerphone for Skype Phone Calls
- High Definition Audio Speakerphone for Handsfree Skype Calls
- Hands-free Speakerphone Conversations without echo or feedback
- Ideal for small group conferences or for personal use
- Two built-in high quality microphones
- Connects and powers through an integrated USB cable
- No additional batteries or cables required
- Easy installation, easy to carry with carry case included
- Ability to plug in 3.5 mm stereo headphones into headphone jack for private calls
- Doubles as a high fidelity speaker so you can list to music, web conferences, and presentations
- Desktop speakers can be plugged in for additional audio volume
- Allows you to launch Skype application and pick up or hang up calls using your mouse
- Built in buttons for call release, volume control and mute
- LED indicators to display call status such as incoming call, call muted, active call, and message waiting
- Automatic Gain Control Technology- adjusts microphone levels based upon the distance the person who is speaking is from the microphones
- Dynamic Noise Reduction removes background noise
- Available in Cobalt Blue and Charcoal Gray
- Size: 5.25 x 3.24 x 0.85 in